My husband and I were married nearly 15 years ago. We were supposed to go to the Maldives for our honeymoon but we delayed it because his mom was in a car accident a few days before our wedding. So, our Maldives holidays were put on hold for a little while as we waited for her full recovery.
We still got married but decided to wait until she was out of critical condition to go on a honeymoon with peace of mind about her wellbeing. One thing led to another and we never did make it there even though my mother-in-law recovered fully and went back to being in good health. So after years and years of our extremely delayed honeymoon, my husband finally told me that for our 15th wedding anniversary, he would take me there to renew our vows and enjoy the Maldives honeymoon we always dreamed of.
Soon after that we started to look at different holiday packages to the Maldives and finally picked one that sounded like a pretty good deal. We were able to find a gorgeous beach villa that was laid over the lagoon, beautifully standing above water on stilts. We made an arrangement to stay there for seven nights although we ended up extending it to ten nights once we were there.
We had so much fun snorkelling and scuba diving in the Maldives as well as swimming and just relaxing. We were also able to go on some excursions that we will remember for the rest of our lives. Our delayed honeymoon in the Maldives was just perfect! It was everything we had always dreamed of and we got to celebrate our 15 years together as a married couple in the place we had envisioned when we first got married…and after the renewal of our vows, it really felt like a second wedding!
- Dusit Thani Maldives Offers Luxurious Maldives Holidays as New Spa is Unveiled
- Popstars Marvin and Rochelle Postpone Honeymoon in Maldives until Christmas
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island resort offers special scuba diving holiday experiences for children
- The Best Indian Ocean Holidays in the Maldives
- We Chose the Maldives for Honeymooning
- Four Seasons Resorts Maldives offers Dive Discovery Package for scuba diving holidays this autumn