We all know the upcoming Windows 8 provides many ways to protect our PC or mobile devices with 3 types of passwords: picture password, 4-digit PIN password and traditional text password. Usually, the password you create firstly is the text password, and here we will discuss what should you do to log onto your computer when you forgot Windows 8 password.
The Windows password reset software is always a good method to reset a lost password, and the following are two software that can help you reset the forgotten Windows 8 password.
The first is Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, which is available as an ISO image and can be easily burned to CD or DVD, and a file that you can install on an USB Flash Drive. If you have the burned CD/DVD/USB then you are good to go. Boot your system using the disk that you have created and you will be greeted with a DOS like window. Here you will be required to enter commands that will help you to restore the user account. The steps are mentioned below:
1. First screen, press enter to continue
2. Select the hard drive on which your Windows installation is installed. This may take some time depending on the number of partitions on the PC as it is using the "Linux-way" of listing the hard drives.
3. You then need to enter the path to the Registry. I'd recommend you to hit enter to try the default path first which usually is detected correctly by the program.
4. Press q
5. Select the Password Reset option (1)
6. Enter Administrator as the user account that you want to modify
7. Select the unlock and enable user account option (4)
8. Use ! and q to end the editing and save the values
Once you have done everything correct and now if you will restart your operating system's drive again, you will find that you can easily log into your system and an admin account is listed on the sign in page. Select the admin account and it will lead you to the desktop screen. You can now change your other user account's passwords as well.
Another is Windows Password Unlocker. This password reset software allows you to reset Windows 8 password with a USB flash drive or bootable CD/DVD; it can reset the forgotten password in a while.
1. Download Windows Password Unlocker and install it in any computer.
2. Run the program and burn an ISO image file into a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
3. Start your locked computer from the bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
4. Reset Windows password successfully.
Then you can get back in your computer without entering a password. That's safe and easy without data loss to your computer.
- password recovery Windows ,reset windows password,how to bypass windows password
- reset Windows 7 password,Windows 7 password recovery,forgot Windows 7 password
- 3 Tricks to Reset Windows 7 Password
- Top 3 Options to Reset Forgotten Windows 8 Picture Password?
- A Simple Guide To Create A Password Reset Disk in Windows 8
- How to Reset Dell Lost Windows 8 Password?